What to ride in Killin?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blair512

What to ride in Killin?

Post by Blair512 »

Next few days of the holidays are being spent at the in-laws caravan on the south side of loch Tay, any suggestions on a decent loop out of Killin? Maybe 4-5 hours max
Last edited by Blair512 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatbikephil

Re: What to ride in Killi?

Post by fatbikephil »

Blair
On Sunday I did the track that runs south from the south Loch tay road at Ardtalnaig to the Sma Glen - a great route so you could do it as a there and back? The Rob Roy way looks interesting too - I did the bit in the Forest from the sustrans cycleway but missed out the bit that goes onto the moor and drops down to Ardeonaig. The track shown on the 1:50k that goes down to the road from the top of this forest by the Achinmore burn is actually mainly single track and a nice wee descent. You could add in the track over from the Railway path up glen Kendrum and down Glen dubh to make a circuit.
Blair512

Re: What to ride in Killi?

Post by Blair512 »

htrider wrote:Blair
On Sunday I did the track that runs south from the south Loch tay road at Ardtalnaig to the Sma Glen - a great route so you could do it as a there and back? The Rob Roy way looks interesting too - I did the bit in the Forest from the sustrans cycleway but missed out the bit that goes onto the moor and drops down to Ardeonaig. The track shown on the 1:50k that goes down to the road from the top of this forest by the Achinmore burn is actually mainly single track and a nice wee descent. You could add in the track over from the Railway path up glen Kendrum and down Glen dubh to make a circuit.

Cheers Phil

I've done that bit over the moor from Ardeonaig to Killin, it was a boggy push up over the top! I'll have a look for that Sma' glen, sounds good. I'm working off my phone so I might nip into the village and buy a map to have a proper look.