Bikepacking.com Cairngorms loop

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Chew, Taylor

Re: Bikepacking.com Cairngorms loop

Postby ScotRoutes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am

A liberal application of helicopter (or similar) on the frame and forks if you care about the paint/top-coat.

A small rucksack for the stuff you can't get back in your bags in the morning.
ScotRoutes

Postby chambo82 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 am

Yeh the sense of humour will be locked away ready for when it's required hopefully , especially as 2 of us are singlespeed so going to be some tough moments !
Wasn't going to take a rucksack as wanted to fit as much on the bike as possible but it's looking increasingly likely I may have to resort to backpack for 'light' items I think
chambo82

Postby ScotRoutes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am

In terms of the Cairngorm Loop, the bothy in Feshie still looks very unfinished and I can't see it being open for your passing.

Feshie Estate have done a little path re-routing where it had been damaged by the river, with the risk of a loooong drop. Smaller bit of path are still affected tough so be very careful if it's dark or you could get wet.

The steps at the big landslip in Feshie still end several feet above the river so some manhandling will be required. It'll be slightly easier if there are a couple of you.

As a general point, the "official" CL route along Feshie is now wrong in several places so don't try to stick to the GPX track, follow what's on the ground.
ScotRoutes

Postby chambo82 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks very much for the 'local' update much appreciated buddy !
chambo82

Previous

Return to Routes