Light adaptor

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Light adaptor

Post by sean_iow »

My new bike build uses my Jones bars which have the bracket on the front for the Exposure Revo. I don't currently have a dyno wheel that fits the new bike so wanted an easy way to attach my MTB batteries light if I should want to be riding after dark. I didn't want to have to remove the Exposure mount every time I wanted to use the light so with the purchase of an Exposure cleat and a section of old seatpost...

I used the lathe to square off the cut end of the seatpost but it could be done with just a saw and more care. I then drilled and tapped the section of post M6 for the cleat bolt.

If I leave it with the light then I only need to clip it on just like I would an Exposure light and put the battery in the frame bag. I had thought about buying a Maxx D to use until I had a dyno wheel built up. As I only had to buy the cleat this is £369 cheaper :-bd so does that mean I've saved that amount? Which makes it ok to buy some carbon Jones bars :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Zippy

Re: Light adaptor

Post by Zippy »

Why can't you get the exposure cleat directly on the mtb batteries light?
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Sean where did you buy the cleat from?
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I like the idea of putting a cleat on my light, I switch between exposure lights and a nitefighter so this would simplify things
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Dave Barter wrote:Sean where did you buy the cleat from?
Its listed as a spare on the exposure website.

Don't know where Sean got his from though!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Zippy, that was my original idea but the plastic bracket on the bottom of the mtb batteries light holds the wires and seals the bottom of the light so I had to leave it on.

Dave, my cleat came from eBay, it was the cheapest I could find, £7.95 and free delivery.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger