Koala protector

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Koala protector

Post by RIP »

Obviously we all want to look after those cuddly creatures - who wouldn't? It's a mini-panda after all.

My MYOG is much more mundane though, and probably a contender for the worst one ever in This Place. It's a public service really - however bad/embarrassing you think your next MYOG is, it can't be as rubbish as Reg's koala protector. Then again, it works & I don't have to faff with a separate mudguard. Bit of plasticard, couple of cableties. My koala, and critically the stuff that comes out of it, is now mud-free. Yep, I Am Soft.

'R'
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Re: Koala protector

Post by sean_iow »

I used to have something similar when I used a tapered dry bag fixed directly to the bike, it also made it a bit more stable.

I should dig it out and reinstate it under my seat pack. This time of year the worst thing about the seat pack is the amount of mud that builds up on the underside/rear/buckles which means opening it results in filthy hands/gloves. The extra weight will be made up for by the convenience. It will also reduce the amount of muddy water being thrown up my back/rear of my shorts. Thanks for jogging my memory :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep Sean it seems to ameloriate all those things. Mud on the hands is always unwanted when extracting things from a container - except if I'm with Mrs Perrin on a Friday night (*) of course. 'Extra weight'. Oh balls. Forgot to weigh it. Not taking it off again - waste of 3 cableties. I could probably do that in situ using some special equation or something.

(*) specifically only the third Friday in October obviously. If it's a full moon. And an 'N' in the month.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

It was vaguely exciting to see your gritty flaps in action last night, Reg!
Watching the Koala wag from side-to-side whilst the flap wagged up & down as you sprinted off up the hill: it was like chasing an eager puppy! :cool:

What names did we come up with in the pubs? "Happy Spaniel Mudguards Ltd" presents the "Eager Beaver - cos everyone loves an eager beaver" :roll:

On sale now, at Poundland.
May you always have tail wind.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep, that was it - "Eager Beaver(TM)" :-bd. I've just installed the "improved larger" version. I guess the one after that will be so large I could just kip under it and not worry about a tarp at all.