New stove, it's very dull though.

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: New stove, it's very dull though.

Post by RIP »

Sadly I have to leave the real creativity to fingers more capable than mine. Alpkit 400ml Mytimug, meths stove obtainable from the gentleman who battles to keep us lot under control (not sure they're in the BBB shop yet? The 22g one is still superb if not), bioethanol from Wickes I think it was, matches from a cheeky chirpy street urchin in Leighton Buzzard, Titanium sheet from tinternet cut to size which even I could manage with a pair of round-ended scissors with Mrs Perrin supervising, porage from Jordans, ovaltine annoyingly now from Switzerland (or is it Holland?), insulating pad is piece of cardboard sandwiched between two circles of alu foil, eating pot is Waitrose cream pot (much more civilised than scoffing straight from the pan :wink:). Only bit not sure about is the folding spoon - tipoffs welcome.

As I'm sure you've sussed, whole point of meths stoves is they slow you down - ten minutes staring aimlessly into space is 600 seconds profitably spent.

Welcome to a journey of discovery and pleasure simply taken :grin:.

'R'

(Edit: so busy wittering away that Stuart chipped in succinctly re actual stove which is obv all you wanted to know of course :smile:. Although the Hyperstove doesn't seem to be there yet. Maybe it's tap-side-of-nose under-the-counter merchandise...)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Did these ever make it into production as they aren't showing on the shop. Or am I being stupid again?...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Or am I being stupid again?...
No, not stupid at all. I'm hoping they'll be along very shortly but first I wanted to get a windshield I was completely happy with, which I think I now am.
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

:-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Or am I being stupid again?...
No, not stupid at all. I'm hoping they'll be along very shortly but first I wanted to get a windshield I was completely happy with, which I think I now am.

Excellent. Add me to "the list". I'll get a couple of BAM patches while I'm at it.
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Any chance of another picture with your card the other way up so we can get the CCV number to please :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just so you know, there will now be a choice of windshield ... Colin wanted one to use with a 750ml pot but the other shield was sized for a 400ml / 450ml. Anyway, the upshot is this. It's fully tapered because that's good and as with the other one, will roll up and fit inside the pot for safe storage and a long life. Hopefully these and other useful things will be finding their way onto the shop once Dee's back from burying her sister.

fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Stu any update on this, sorry to hassle but I'm planning my 2019 campaigns which will benefit from improved fuel efficiency.....
Tah
P
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sorry Phil, only just spotted this. Sadly, my suppliers don't have any stock of inner cylinders at present. They can't give me an eta, so I just have to keep checking with them, sorry about that.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

No probs Stuart