Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zippy

Re: Garmin Dakota Mount - 3D Printed

Post by Zippy »

Nope - I have a standard one that I've drilled and filed :lol:
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Mike wrote:If your taking requests mate, and you have enough plastic any chance of one of these please pal. Not fused about the colour as long as it's to scale ta
Mike I expect he will already have a couple of those in his dungeon, 'used' though....
SimpleSi

Post by SimpleSi »

Currently got the guys at raceware direct looking at a similar thing but putting a garmin quarter turn mount on the back. Opens up a raft of possibilities for mounts out front etc, and makes transfer between bikes way easier.
Simple
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Dave Barter wrote:My son got me a 3D printer for Xmas and it is proving to be a right laugh. It's quite fussy about various temperature settings and I'm having to tinker to get prints to work well. This is a dead useful one though. A Garmin Dakota mount. I need to tweak the base a little but it fits the GPS well and did not cost £9

Which printer do you have?

Cheers
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

MP Select Mini.

Must get back on this project now the move is all done
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Slightly OT...I should've mentioned this a while ago....the 2 mounts Dave printed and sent me for the Etrex were good. The bar one worked best, as the stem orientated version didn't extend over the bar like the official version, thus, with a short stem, the base of the unit would run into the steerer column.

I didn't get on with the bar mounted version, most likely because I kept looking straight down instead of to my right where I ended up mounting the unit.

The print in the image above here is closer to what would be required for stem mount for Etrex, but with the mount point more towards the center of the mount.

But in terms of function, the printed versions are fine. A little sanding of the rough edges and it was bang on.

Greetz

S.
numplumz

Post by numplumz »

SimpleSi wrote:Currently got the guys at raceware direct looking at a similar thing but putting a garmin quarter turn mount on the back. Opens up a raft of possibilities for mounts out front etc, and makes transfer between bikes way easier.
now that would be brilliant, keep us posted on that possibility, unless Dave gets bored and fires up the hot plastic magic machine again :grin:
The old git in the yellow socks
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

A little sanding of the rough edges and it was bang on.
Were you referring to the mount or the producer? :grin:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Producer is a smooth operator until presented with a small stream on a track or a tree placed across the trail.

Greetz

S.