ITT Accessories

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

ITT Accessories

Post by sean_iow »

Due to my geographical location I need to drive to the start of any of the ITTs I'm doing. Off to Yorkshire next month and have cunningly managed to get the in-laws to hire a car as they want to visit the wife's brother who lives in Doncaster but don't want to drive. I'll drive the hire car (we don't have a vehicle big enough for 5 adults + luggage + my bike) and then whilst they are enjoying themselves I'll nip off for 2 days and ride the YD300. Realising that leaning my dirty bike against the Mother In-Laws suitcase for the homeward trip might not go down to well I've made some bags. I could of just bought one but it would of cost more and been easier :lol:

The pocket attached to the top of the bag inside is for the pedals as taking them off reduces the sticky-out bits.

Whilst I was at it I got a friend to turn up these nylon spacers which allow old cassette cogs to be held on a diy chain keeper.

As the bike is singlespeed the temporary chain keeper needs the same size cog the removed wheel to keep the chain tidy. With gears just a straight bar can be used and the mech takes up the slack so commercial ones are no use for my bike.

Whilst my friend was busy on the lathe I knocked this up from the off-cuts box.

It folds up for transport and when inserted in the cranks holds the bike to enable luggage fitting/tinkering. I could of bought one of these as well but all the materials were just kicking about so there was no expenditure other than time :smile: Just need painting now.

Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Zippy

Re: ITT Accessories

Post by Zippy »

Top work.

I've bought all those things :oops:

Although it has to be said, an old rear hub is probably a more time efficient way of making the chain keeper :wink:
sean_iow

Re: ITT Accessories

Post by sean_iow »

It would be much easier to just buy them but I enjoy the making.

An old rear hub would be easier but I managed to get someone else to do the hard bit so didn't use hardly any of my time :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger