Frame bag

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Frame bag

Post by middleagedmadness »

Just answered a thread on stw about material for a frame bag I suggested HGV curtain material , now when I'm back in work and on nights I have a abundance of this material so I got thinking it's easy enough to heat seal the material into the correct shape and then put another thin strip on the edges and heat it down into loops for attachment points but what would be the best material for stiffening the edges to give shape was thinking using thickish cardboard strips ,any other suggestions as I may give it a shot when I'm back in
Cheers in advance
techno

Re: Frame bag

Post by techno »

middleagedmadness wrote:Just answered a thread on stw about material for a frame bag I suggested HGV curtain material , now when I'm back in work and on nights I have a abundance of this material so I got thinking it's easy enough to heat seal the material into the correct shape and then put another thin strip on the edges and heat it down into loops for attachment points but what would be the best material for stiffening the edges to give shape was thinking using thickish cardboard strips ,any other suggestions as I may give it a shot when I'm back in
Cheers in advance
plastic placemats, cheap from B+M Home Bargains etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djgWO7uabtU
middleagedmadness

Re: Frame bag

Post by middleagedmadness »

They are a mint idea , so by the end of Feb I'll have my first homemade bit of gear it may not look pretty but it'll be functional ( a bit like me really :oops: )