Welsh Ride Thing 2017 Blog

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

littlegirlbunny

Welsh Ride Thing 2017 Blog

Post by littlegirlbunny »

Here's my blog entry for this years WRT for those interested :)

http://littlegirlbunny.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... t2017.html
MarkW

Re: Welsh Ride Thing 2017 Blog

Post by MarkW »

Some nice photos there.

That unknown name rider was me! (The lone lonely hearts club). I ended up riding the rest of the route with Nick as our routes were almost the same.
littlegirlbunny

Ah brilliant!

I'll edit it later then :)

Ps nice to meet you!
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

And you both.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Nice write up!

I was looking at your bike at the start and thought... "nice bike, looks like a custom american one" but good to know its more local than that. Nice paint job...
littlegirlbunny

NorwayCalling wrote:Nice write up!

I was looking at your bike at the start and thought... "nice bike, looks like a custom american one" but good to know its more local than that. Nice paint job...
Thank you :)

That's interesting, no idea why you'd think it looks American?

Not many people notice the paint, it means a lot to me and Tom did an amazing job interpreting what I wanted with only my non-artistic scribbles as a guide. :grin:
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

littlegirlbunny wrote:
NorwayCalling wrote:Nice write up!

Thank you :)

That's interesting, no idea why you'd think it looks American?

Not many people notice the paint, it means a lot to me and Tom did an amazing job interpreting what I wanted with only my non-artistic scribbles as a guide. :grin:
Why American? I ride (mostly now) in Norway and the expats here I ride with, don't ride "off the shelf" bikes but mostly odd "man-in-a-shed" frames built in California or other more known but still niche America bikes. Yours reminded me of the Californian approach i.e. modern yet classic i.e. not pandering to the current rash of elevated this or super relaxed that. It just came across as "oh that's nice, wounder who made that". Good welding of nice tubes is always going to be a winner.

As for the paint, was the first thing I noticed TBH and drew me over to it. Firstly I thought it was swifts on the frame (I was stood a long way way....sorry :wink: ) and then when I came over spotted that it was in fact rabbits. Having now read your blog it all makes sense. I did wonder why it was not helitaped to keep it looking new... maybe it was but i didn't notice it if it was. I did however notice a ding in the paint on the right hand side of the down tube, just behind the head-tube and went out loud "ow...nasty" :wink:
littlegirlbunny

Ah that's so interesting! The bike was definitely a bike-for-life not a bike-for-fashion so I guess that's why it had that quirky feel. Lucky you getting to ride in Norway, somewhere I have always wanted to visit.
I did wonder why it was not helitaped to keep it looking new... maybe it was but i didn't notice it if it was. I did however notice a ding in the paint on the right hand side of the down tube, just behind the head-tube and went out loud "ow...nasty" :wink:
It's not helitaped as I'm a big believer that bikes are to be ridden and not preened, and because I am that clumsy that helitape is never going to be enough to save it. Plus, like on people, many of the scars tell a story. The big scrape out the downtube thanks to last years BB200+some barbed wire :shock: :lol:
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

littlegirlbunny wrote: It's not helitaped as I'm a big believer that bikes are to be ridden and not preened, and because I am that clumsy that helitape is never going to be enough to save it. Plus, like on people, many of the scars tell a story. The big scrape out the downtube thanks to last years BB200+some barbed wire :shock: :lol:
Completely agree.. scars are personal stories that are the permanent souvenirs of a life well spent... for humans and bikes alike.