Bivvy a Month 2016.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

Re: Bivvy a Month 2016.

Post by frogatthefarriers »

12/12 again, at Llandegla forest.

Last Saturday. I'd so wanted to join you on the Winter Bivvy but couldn't spare the time - getting ready for builders - so had another local quickie. Left home in the dark and rain for the 15 miles or so to Llandegla. Pitched up and had a noisy nights sleep, what with flapping canvas and wind rushing through the trees. No owls though. :-bd

That's Pendinas reservoir in the background.
I woke at 9:15 :o , packed up and pedalled down to the visitor centre for breakfast. Then it was up the hill, joining the Offas Dyke path across the moor, then left to the trig point on Esclusham mountain, before rolling back home.

You can see our house from up here.

Roll on another BAM in 2017.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
ootini

Re: Bivvy a Month 2016.

Post by ootini »

frogatthefarriers wrote:12/12 again, at Llandegla forest.

Last Saturday. I'd so wanted to join you on the Winter Bivvy but couldn't spare the time - getting ready for builders - so had another local quickie. Left home in the dark and rain for the 15 miles or so to Llandegla. Pitched up and had a noisy nights sleep, what with flapping canvas and wind rushing through the trees. No owls though. :-bd

That's Pendinas reservoir in the background.
I woke at 9:15 :o , packed up and pedalled down to the visitor centre for breakfast. Then it was up the hill, joining the Offas Dyke path across the moor, then left to the trig point on Esclusham mountain, before rolling back home.

You can see our house from up here.

Roll on another BAM in 2017.
That's not far from me. It's inspiring me to get out. I really need to get off my arse.