Mont Blanc tour

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rasta

Mont Blanc tour

Post by Rasta »

A few years ago I did the Tour du Mont Blanc in a day, by road bike. While I was riding it, I didn't really have time to stop and enjoy it. So last week I decided to do it slowly and at least get some capuchinos down me (I had 6 in 3 hours).
ImageCormet de Roselend, France by Hola Siesta, on Flickr

One week before the Tour du France would pass, there were already campervans reserving their places.

Image20180712_084651 by Hola Siesta, on Flickr

Image20180712_084831 by Hola Siesta, on Flickr

I wanted to stay at the top of the cols for the night but the temperature difference was too much. I only had a 2 season bag. Col San Carlo from Morgex was a stunner and so was the train station at the start, it is half wood. The tunnels on Big Bernard were a horror. The descent of Little Bernard, French side, is one of my favorites.

ImageMorgex train station, Italy by Hola Siesta, on Flickr

Woke up in Chapieux (military ruins?) with a harmless pretend snake 50cm from my head. The French Frogs call it an orvet I think.

ImageTour du Mont Blanc, Italy by Hola Siesta, on Flickr
Rasta

Re: Mont Blanc tour

Post by Rasta »

Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

What's the story behind the "anti Canyon"? :)

Greetz

S.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

It's a long and unpleasant one.

BUT there is a funny side to covering the name. In Italy and some parts of France, the road riders can be very 'snobby' and refuse to say hello or even look at you. But the crosshatch reflective tape over the name makes it look like a brand they don't know, so I often catch them looking at it. They instantly look away when I catch them doing it. Makes me laugh every time. :grin: