Two days biking in Corrour Scotland.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

freakychurchill

Two days biking in Corrour Scotland.

Post by freakychurchill »

So living in Wales which is great for mountain biking I decided to have a change so headed to Corrour in Scotland for a couple of days which is about as remote as you can get. First night I went to Meanach Bothy past Loch Treig which was a tough ride made worse by horse flies but was made up with some stunning views. I did not see a soul that day after leaving the station. 2nd day I went back to the train station and went round Loch Ossian. The weather started and ended wet which got rid of the horse flies but was replaced by midges. Despite the bites it was a a great short break. Done a small vid and excuse the bad talking at the beginning but I enjoyed doing it so hope a few enjoy watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7uPnfE-1Q&t=40s
fatbikephil

Re: Two days biking in Corrour Scotland.

Post by fatbikephil »

Nice one. Done a couple of trips round there this year (and others in previous years) - its a great part of the country, possibly one of the biggest areas of land with no public roads in it (but an ace café :-bd )
freakychurchill

Re: Two days biking in Corrour Scotland.

Post by freakychurchill »

htrider wrote:Nice one. Done a couple of trips round there this year (and others in previous years) - its a great part of the country, possibly one of the biggest areas of land with no public roads in it (but an ace café :-bd )

Thanks was a ace area and so much you can do may head back there and do more although wife was not to happy about no phone signal lol. Yeah cafe is a amazing