Cairngorms Loop parking

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

chambo82

Cairngorms Loop parking

Post by chambo82 »

Afternoon all :-)
My self and a mate are riding the Cairngorms loop again this year and are planning on starting Sunday 29th April from Blair Atholl again as per last year. Last year we stayed at B+b in Blair so we're lucky enough to be able to leave car there while away riding , but this year we aren't planning on b+b accommodation so looking for somewhere safe-ish to leave a car while we are riding for few days , does anyone have any recommendations please by any chance ?

Cheers
whitestone

Re: Cairngorms Loop parking

Post by whitestone »

On last September's group start several people left their cars in the car park at the start point with no problem. We were camping on the (very posh) campsite so could leave our car there.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

I left mine right in front of the station for 2.5 days last May - no issues (but not sure if this was luck based), seems a safe area to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.76591 ... 6656?hl=en
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

99percentchimp wrote:I left mine right in front of the station for 2.5 days last May - no issues (but not sure if this was luck based), seems a safe area to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.76591 ... 6656?hl=en
I also left mine in front of the station for three days without problem.
chambo82

Post by chambo82 »

Splendid thanks chaps :-bd we were contemplating booking the Sunday night at the campsite anyway before starting the ride Monday morning so will see if we can leave the motor there hopefully

Cheers guys
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

All of the above but I tend to park mine by the chippy just up from the station - in full view of the main road so maybe less likely to get mucked around with (although this would be a rare occurrence)
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

htrider wrote:All of the above but I tend to park mine by the chippy just up from the station - in full view of the main road so maybe less likely to get mucked around with (although this would be a rare occurrence)
Yep, I've done that too. Much easier to park it closer to the finish than the start, especially when you arrive back in the dark, broken...
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Anybody know if there are plans for a group start this spring, or is that just a silly idea?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

WRT for me - too far to travel and find conditions are 'sub-optimal' - like I did in 2016!

Might have a go in September, but planning a gentler tour in May, to recce those 'indistinct' bits of the route that weather erosion has altered.
ianpv

Post by ianpv »

I left mine for a night at the station, too. It was still there!