A trip to Moel Prysgau

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

A trip to Moel Prysgau

Post by Mike »

Yesterday myself and Hux decided we needed to get away, so we decided on a trip out to Moel Prysgau.
This is one of my favorite bothies and prob the most visited. We left the car at Elan Village around 1230 and headed upto Claerwyen reservoir. Taking a breather we were totally gobsmacked by what we next saw!
1 brand new Rolls royce Phantom ( at least thats what i think it is ) coming down the track that leads around the reservoir. Not one but three of them brand new followed by a new porsche 911 in reverse!! he couldnt turn around. It brought a smile to our faces.
By the time we had reached the end of the res it was dark we had a head wind all the way around. Slighty wet feet through the river crossing and we got to the tarmac at Teifi pools and decided that the descent down would be too wet and muddy so staying on the road was best. My head wasnt feeling it at this point and i was considering cutting it short and stopping at Claerddu Bothy but on mentioning this to Hux we decided to crack on and stop at the black lion for a beer and dry off abit. The locals were brilliant and abit pissed, we headed out into the cold again and climbed up that horrid fire road which leads into the Prysgau forest. We were both hungry by this point having not eaten much all day so getting to the bothy was paramount now. Reaching the bothy we found it all in the dark.... brilliant we have it to ourselves. 30mins later we had cut enough wood to keep the fire in till bedtime. Dinner eaten some wine and port sank we put the world to rights talked some sub standard and went to sleep. This morning we woke to drizzle so staying in bed till 930 saw the end of the dank weather. We climbed up Devils staircase, i had my doubts about it as iv always done it with a granny ring and i wasnt feeling to good, we smashed it out no problem. We had spoken on the night about our route back and decided that it was up and over Carnau!
Now on the BB200 in the dark it took a long time to drop of and i wasnt looking forward to it but we did it in great time. We werent the only ones on it, There were a load of sas troops everywhere! one even had a stealth black e bike. He left us standing on the descent and he had a massive bergen on his back too :o infact the lads yomping left us behind too!! Fairplay to them i couldnt do that. A fast descent to the road and back to the cafe where we had a coffee and well earned grub.
Many thanks go to Hux, my best pal thanks for putting up with me!!
heres some photos
ImagePC050004 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC050010 by mjc_226, on Flickr
what the hell?
ImagePC050017 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC050027 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060036 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060041 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060060 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060062 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060073 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060082 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060086 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImagePC060092 by mjc_226, on Flickr
Scattamah

Re: A trip to Moel Prysgau

Post by Scattamah »

Arse...sorry I missed this now...looks like a cracker. Nice job fellas.

Greetz

S.
HUX

Post by HUX »

Cracking 2 days mate. It wore me out!
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Looks like a great trip!