Almost a Cairngorms Loop

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Almost a Cairngorms Loop

Post by whitestone »

I didn't quite manage the Cairngorms Loop last weekend, I got round but with a couple of "diversions". Here's some thoughts - http://bobwightman.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... gh-it.html
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
PJG

Re: Almost a Cairngorms Loop

Post by PJG »

Thanks for that Bob.

As you've worked out from the other conversation, the unidentified rider was me :-)

Cheers,
Pete
padonbike

Post by padonbike »

Thanks for bringing the nightmare of the Falls of Avon crossing back to me, Bob! :lol:
I actually crossed exactly where the path from the shelter leads you to the river and I didn't see any island. Good to see you in the pub. I actually made it back there for 9pm Sat straight off the bike and they served me burger and chips and 2 pints of that fine Moulin ale. Catch you again soon in one of the usual places :lol:
ianpv

Post by ianpv »

Good effort Bob, sounds like you made some sensible decisions, and well done to Cath for carrying on up to Aviemore when Glen Tilt must have been tempting. Sounds like difficult conditions.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Wow, sounds like an epic. I think I’ve bailed from that route more times than I’ve finished it!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Was up the Avon at Inchory lodge on Monday - the river was about calf deep and could easily have been crossed.....
Probably a bit higher now mind