Lost Patrol

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ZeroDarkBivi

Lost Patrol

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

My first ride of the summer trip north brought me into the periphery of this little story:

http://hmcoastguard.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... -from.html

I got chatting to the concerned scout leaders at their camp, and rode within 1 km of the bothy where the kids took shelter; probably got very close but didn't see any sign of them. Must have been a proper adventure and I expect they learned a lot from being a little out of their comfort zone. Had to laugh when I heard my old shipmate was the Coastguard SAR helicopter captain - he has the best job in the world!

In other news, I went OTB yesterday and off for an X-Ray later. Might struggle on my MTB leader course next week riding with my arm in a sling...
fatbikephil

Re: Lost Patrol

Post by fatbikephil »

Yeah I saw that story - always good to see a happy ending! Inevitably I tried to work out where the bothy was but drew a blank.....
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Not certain, but I suspect it was the bldg at OSGB (can't see the prefix, but you'll know where I am):
806 163
Not listed on the MBA site, and no name on the map.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Sounds like the scouts did well, good job all round
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:Not certain, but I suspect it was the bldg at OSGB (can't see the prefix, but you'll know where I am):
806 163
Not listed on the MBA site, and no name on the map.
Took a guess at the prefix, turned out to be right (say hi to the sad git who knows his 100km OS grid squares :oops: )

"Are we in trouble?" Bless ...
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry