TCW - A slower pace?

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Robster

TCW - A slower pace?

Post by Robster »

Ok, having done the TCW I'm in full awe & respect of the sub 24hr guys & Mr Barringtons there n back.
Here's a link to my facebook photos & comments. Also shared on the Bike & Bivi page:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.cox.319 ... 458&type=3

Next time West to East or maybe there needs to be an improved route? That long downhill into Rhyader & the Moel Fadian descent are the two bits that would be a pain?

Cheers All for the advice & if the link doesn't work i'll do a longer write up in about 6 months time! ;-)
Bearbonesnorm

Re: TCW - A slower pace?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Moel Fadian
Foel Fadian :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Next time West to East or maybe there needs to be an improved route?
I keep meaning to add a section that actually takes you to the sea. It'd be nice to finish with a bag of chips and an ice cream.

I always thought that IMBA finished the route at Dovey junction because that's where the estuary becomes tidal but it transpires that the real reason is because they simply ran out of time.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Is there a way to get across the river that doesn't involve either going round through Mach or trespassing on the railway?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is there a way to get across the river that doesn't involve either going round through Mach or trespassing on the railway?
No ... if I added an addition to the end, it'd finish south of the estuary, maybe Aber?
Robster

Post by Robster »

Chips at Aberdovey sounds like a brilliant way to finish. Especially with a nice cuppa tea to go with it! :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'd be interested in that. The promise of a pint at the end is always appealing. As well as the fish & chips and ice cream obvs. Are there many options for riding to the south of the water? Looks a bit bereft of bridleways...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Are there many options for riding to the south of the water? Looks a bit bereft of bridleways...
The trick would be to keep the height rather than dropping too far down towards Mach'. Staying south of the estuary also keeps the option of the train back to Knighton.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

BITD we had a caravan down on the coast in Borth, there's a nice route from Artist's Valley which uses an old Roman road, Sarn Helen and crosses the main road just by Clettwr Cafe in Tre R Ddol. It follows the Leri past Dol Y Bont and the world famous Borth Animalarium (now shut i think) to the seaside. Borth station will link you to Mach and Knighton and there's no shortage of pubs and cafes in the village. Of course this may all be out of date but I don't think so, Borth has existed in a time warp since about 1976 which was the last hot summer there.