Brattleburn Bothy Trip

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blair512

Brattleburn Bothy Trip

Post by Blair512 »

I've finally got around to updating my blog with something! I hope to back date it to my Capital Trail attempt but for now here's a wee write up of our trip to Brattleburn at the weekend.

http://www.blaircaldwell.co.uk/single-p ... Bothy-Trip
fatbikephil

Re: Brattleburn Bothy Trip

Post by fatbikephil »

Well done for fighting your way up the SUW. After doing it a couple of years ago I vowed never to return! I think its possible to get to it above Brattleburn via various windfarm tracks which would reduce the bog / windblow/ tussock fest the rest of it is....
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Yeah I think we could have made it most of the way in on road but the least millage was key. It was only 4 miles but it was reet wet!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

:-bd
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Nice one - thanks for posting that. Planning on doing that one soon so that is helpful.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ps - Do you know that you can make a bothy condition report on the MBA's website? It may be that the maintenance officer doesn't know about the broken window and door hinge if they haven't visited for a while.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Borderer wrote:ps - Do you know that you can make a bothy condition report on the MBA's website? It may be that the maintenance officer doesn't know about the broken window and door hinge if they haven't visited for a while.
Thanks for reading.

Yeah I have taken pictures so I can report it. The window was patched up with a bit of plastic so I suspect they know about that.

If your heading there get there early and bag the right hand room, luxury compared to the left room or the loft!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Seems to have been a bit of a run on Borders / southern uplands bothies on here recently. I wonder if its possible to create a route linking them all??
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

We have decided to try and tick off all the bothys in Scotland and me being the methodical type I'm starting in the borders and working my way north region by region. Problem is Gill can't cycle very far so we only get one at a time.

Also linking them all together sounds like some kind of death march/bog fest that Ray would love!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Blair512 wrote:Also linking them all together sounds like some kind of death march/bog fest that Ray would love!
a) You got me all wrong.
b) Don't know what your talking about.
c) You casting aspersions?

Mmmmmmm...............which should I pick?
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

htrider wrote:Seems to have been a bit of a run on Borders / southern uplands bothies on here recently. I wonder if its possible to create a route linking them all??
Yes, that has been on my mind too - trying them one at a time first though!